Friday, September 26, 2014

5 Quotes That Show Jason Aldean Does Not Sing Country Music


Country music should never be given a strict definition. Country music has been and always will be accepting of other genres.  Country music is as wide as the oceans.  But at some point enough is enough.  Country radio should not be called "Country Radio."

Honky Tonk Dave exists for the preservation of the country music of our fore-father and mothers. This is why I write this post.

I want to make sure everyone reading this article knows I love all kinds of music including some "Bro Country."  Whew, I can't believe I just wrote that in public... Don't hate me.   But I do feel Country Music has no voice left.  I hold no ill will toward any artist.  They are trying to make a living. Many, are making a good living.  I just want to start a discussion for the defense of Country Music.  

My problem is not with Jason Aldean's music.  He makes great music!  I listen and enjoy many of his tunes. My problem is the genre where they put this music.  It's not country.  A couple weeks ago a friend of mine reminded me of a split that occurred in another genre.  Jazz and Smooth Jazz.  They both have charts on Billboard. Typically lovers of Jazz are not crazy about Smooth Jazz. Great! That means there is more room for more people :)  Why can't country do the same.

The following are quotes from 1 (ONE) article.  The current Billboard cover story located here.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-615/6258750/jason-aldean-billboard-cover-story

1. "In my case, when 'Hicktown' [his 2005 debut single] came out, there was really nothing like that out there. People saw a hat act that comes out and looks like a country singer, but it's straight rock stuff -- well, then there's a wave of that stuff. If the people that run the record business in Nashville find something that works, they will run it into the ground." -Jason Aldean

2. "I grew up on Guns N' Roses and those guys who were really badass when they played a show," he recalls. "They were stoned or drunk out of their minds onstage, but still just killing it. I remember seeing [GNR] at the American Music Awards drunk out of their minds, accepting an award, cussing all over the place because they were destroyed. I'm not saying that those were the guys that I strived to be, but those were the guys that I grew up watching." -Jason Aldean

3. "Aldean made good use of the hard-rock sound that Big & Rich had introduced to country radio..." -Billboard Magazine

4. "R&B, baby-making music," -Jason Aldean referring to his new single Burnin' It Down

5. Of course, his new album does cover some familiar ground, from the rock'n'roll-all-night opener,  "Just Gettin' Started,"  -Billboard Magazine

The words speak for themselves.  Long live country music.  Support Ameripolitan music at ameripolitan.com
-Honky Tonk Dave 





http://honkytonkdave.blogspot.com/2014/09/nominate-honky-tonk-dave-for.html

No comments:

Post a Comment