Friday, September 26, 2014

Nominate Honky Tonk Dave for the Ameripolitan Music Awards


Last January I learned about the first ever Ameripolitan Music Awards. What’s Ameripolitan? More on that later. But I made it a goal to become nominated for Male Vocalist in the Honky Tonk Category for 2015. Well the time has come!

All you have to do is email: info@ameripolitan.com and it would be nice if you emailed me at the same time. daveparks23@gmail.com It would be cool to see how many emails are sent as I need as many fans as possible to email ensuring a nomination spot.

In the email please say something like:
I would like to nominate Honky Tonk Dave for Male Vocalist in the Honky Tonk Category.

And that’s it. You nominated me! Thanks!
If I’m nominated for the Awards:
1.  I’m going to Austin Texas!!!
2.  I’ll be asking for your vote to win the award!

Now more about Ameripolitan music.
http://www.ameripolitan.com

I was so excited to learn that Dale Watson was behind the creation of this group dedicated to the preservation of roots music.

Here is an excerpt from their web site explaining why they exist.

“The Ameripolitan Music Awards have been established to give like-minded individuals an opportunity to come together to celebrate and promote the music we all love. It serves as an event to rally around and we hope that it will be a source of inspiration for artists and fans alike.

This music will always survive, but for it to thrive, Artists need to continue to delight their fans with new, exciting music that honors tradition while striving to be original and fans need to make the effort to encourage these artists with their support. If The Ameripolitan Music Awards can help further this relationship, then it will be a success and continue to grow in stature to everyone’s benefit.

These awards are presented in the spirit of camaraderie and friendly competition, knowing that success for one of us helps all of us. On behalf of the Ameripolitan Music Awards organization, we thank everyone who has helped make this event possible.”

Thanks for coming along on this journey with me.
-HTD



No comments:

Post a Comment